- This event has passed.
The Cradle of American Haiku Festival
August 5, 2022 - August 7, 2022$40
We are very excited to be hosting a weekend of beautiful haiku, learning, writing, eating, drinking and exploring Mineral Point.
This year’s program will include:
- Charlie Trumbull telling us the latest on Haikupedia and the Haiku Database;
- Lew Watts giving us insight into “How Haibun Works: The 5 Sparks;”
- Marjorie Buettner enlightening us on “Sijo: Korean Poetry;”
- Shan Thomas describing the contents of the American Haiku Magazine archives;
- and a special presentation by Randy and Shirley Brooks celebrating the life of haiku master poet, Bill Pauly.
All this and our usual open readings, Friday afternoon reception, a banquet on Saturday, a Ginko Walk and Mineral Point’s Gallery night. The cost will be $40, which includes the Saturday banquet. (An additional charge of $25 may be paid on site for a guest for the banquet.)